RESPONSIBLE TO: Operations Manager
HOURS: 16 hours per week
Pay: £26.000 per annum (pro rata)
Closing date: 27/05/2022 at 23:59
1st round interview: week beginning 30/05/22
2nd round interview: week beginning 06/06/22
Background & Outline of Post
20/20 Change are looking for a Community Engagement Coordinator who is at ease engaging with young people in the community and spreading the word about 20/20 Change programmes, mainly the ‘I AM CHANGE programme.
Engaging with Schools, colleges, local authority, youth services, delivering information sessions and signing young people onto the programme.
You will be experienced at working with young people and at stepping back so that they can take the lead. You will be an experienced facilitator and understand your local community. You will know what it takes to work independently and to build successful partnerships that result in progress and positive change for young people.
Please note that the tasks listed below are not exhaustive and you may at times be required to complete tasks which are not included on this list.
Main Areas of responsibility:
- To be a positive advocate for and support promotion of the work of 20/20 Change.
- Proactively identify opportunities to recruit new groups of young people.
- Build and foster long standing relationships with a wide range of audiences, including young people, teachers, parents and other stakeholders.
- Directly reach out to schools, youth provisions and places where young people are, supporting recruitment and engagement of young people for upcoming programmes, through the delivery of assemblies
- To be responsible for increasing the number of people signing up to 20/20 Change
- I AM Change Programme
- Administrative support of the sign-up processes on, including managing emails, and processing online registrations, ensuring young people are being fully informed.
- Managing enquiries via email, phone and text.
- Communicate regularly with referrers and professionals and if necessary, attend multi-agency meetings
- Inputting confidential information on secure database.
- Build community profiles looking at the needs of the community.
- Provide advice to young people regarding extra support to meet their needs
- Signpost young people to other organisations to access extra support
- Ensure service level agreements with partners are kept up to date and are followed by both parties.
- Keep up to date and accurate records
- To use appropriate monitoring and evaluation tools.
Whilst working at 2020 Change you are required to demonstrate understanding of our company behaviours at all times.
Continuous Improvement, Problem Solving, Commitment to Excellence, Integrity, Positive Attitude,
Communication, Self-Development, Contributes Ideas, Teamwork, Role Model, Financial Understanding,
Strategic Thinking & Decision Making, Managing People, Effective Planning and Negotiation Skills.
Person specification: Community Engagement Coordinator
Relevant qualifications or significant experience working with young people
Working with young people from different backgrounds and cultures
Working in a multi-agency setting with a variety of professionals
Knowledge of the issues affecting BAME communities in London
Excellent communication and presentation skills
Team player and also able to use own initiative take appropriate action where is necessary
Excellent organisation and administration skills
Consent to an Enhanced DBS Check
Promote diversity and equal opportunity
Flexible working hours
Able to balance work/life in hybrid working environment
Knowledge of delivering youth engagement programmes in areas such as employability, mentoring, health and wellbeing
Knowledge of Safeguarding and Child Protection Legislation