Job title: Children & Young People Officer
Reporting to: Project Manager
Weekly Hours: 21hrs p/w (onsite role, first 3mths)
Annual Salary: £23,000 - £25,000 Pro-rata, 5% Pension
Rewards: 5% Pension, Parking, Personal Development & more.
Everything we do is laser focused on transforming lives, from dependence to independence. We do this through our 3 strands: Purpose, People & Performance.
We are all about personal development and keen to recruit the right people to join our team, someone with a passion to transform lives, growing themselves and others from good to great.
Croydon Vision’s younger members, who range from 5 years old right up to 18, are all visually impaired or blind and some also have additional needs. We also encourage siblings to join activities, creating awareness, strengthening relationships. The Out of the Box project provides a fun, safe, and stimulating environment for young people within the Croydon community.
Our aim is to support our younger members to explore, learn and experience the world freely, smashing the taboos of sight loss and developing future leaders.
Building self-esteem, independence, and confidence.
Boosting social and communication skills.
Making new friends who have shared experiences and challenges.
Our Four focused areas:
Active fun and games do not only fight boredom but also challenge their minds and muscles without the barriers of sight loss.
Creative activities help our young members to discovering new concepts and techniques, to develop their ideas and their understanding of the world.
Life skills will help our young members to stand on their own feet with sight loss, build their independence and help them to master skills that they’ll be able to use into adulthood.
Entrepreneurs take risks and inspire others to achieve big ideas.
We teach our younger members to develop important life skills such as planning, teamwork, and leadership.
Do you have a willingness to learn, to test, fail, reflect, and grow?
Do you want to be a role model and inspire future generations?
Do you have a passion for working with children & young people?
Are you committed to providing a safe, fun, and learning environment?
- Aligns with the culture of Croydon Vision.
- Creates a fun working environment whilst delivering outstanding results.
- Willing to test, fail, learn, and grow.
- Takes personal accountability and holds others to account
- Takes responsibility for own development and support in developing others
- Listens to and respects the opinions of others.
- Asks for, reflects upon and acts on feedback.
- Works collaboratively with others to deliver the best outcomes.
- Builds understanding and commitment to transformational change.
- Sets standards for member services.
- Builds relationships of trust and alliances with member groups, other stakeholders
- Proactive problem identification and resolution.
Model Person Specification – Children & Young People Officer
Essential and desirable skills, abilities, experience, knowledge, and special requirements for the post. This form states how the different requirements may be assessed during the selection process:
- Some experience working with young people (employment or volunteering)
- Coaching or other activity specific qualifications
- Full UK drivers Licence